|Chairs||Year of Creation||Country / University||Chair Objectives|
|Sultan Qaboos bin Said chair for Arab and Islamic Studies||1980||USA / Georgetown University||conducting research on ancient Arabic poetry and prose, the Quran, modern prose and poetry and Arab- American literature|
|Sultan Qaboos chair for Arabic language||1993||United States (Washington) / Georgetown University||- Development of Arab and Islamic Studies at the university
- Promoting rapprochement and understanding between Arab and Western cultures
|His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said chair in the field of desert farming||1994||the Kingdom of Bahrain (Manama) / Arabian Gulf University Graduate School||- supporting the university and achieving its goals and future directions in the field of desert farming research.
- Creating opportunities for researchers and graduates to conduct scientific research in the field of desert farming and providing expertise and consultation and contractual studies in the field of modern agriculture technologies
|Sultan of Oman chair for Arab and Islamic Studies||2003||Australia / University of Melbourne||Providing active and constructive contemporary Arab and Muslim perspectives|
|Sultan of Oman chair for International Relations at the Kennedy Faculty||2003||USA / Harvard University||highlighting the wise leadership approach of His Majesty in promoting stability, security and peace on the regional and international levels.|
|Sultan Qaboos Chair for Information Technology||2004||the Islamic Republic of Pakistan / Ned University of Engineering and Technology (Lahore)||
Encouraging technical research and raising the- level of educational disciplines in the field of Information Technology
Strengthening university departments using- modern electronic devices and means of advanced communication and connecting them with international scientific institutions in the frame of knowledge exchange.
|International Fellowship of the Sultan of Oman in the field of literature, Islamic and Social Sciences in the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies||2004||the United Kingdom / Oxford University (Oxford Islamic Studies Centre)||
- supporting education, dialogue and friendship between the peoples of the world and deepening the understanding of Islamic culture, civilization, history, societies, contemporary life and historical bonds with other nations.
- Encouraging and supporting the granting of higher education scholarships in various areas like Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Continuing academic cooperation between the Sultanate of Oman and the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, and international academic institutions.
|His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said Modern Arab Studies chair||2005||United Kingdom / Cambridge University Faculty of Oriental Studies||
- providing free and independent contribution to the development of the Arabic language and the promotion of the historical and cultural ties that connect non-Arabic-speakers to the Sultanate.
- Activating cooperation between the University of Cambridge and the British institutions of higher education in Oman
|Sultan Qaboos Chair for Information Technology||2005||Islamic Republic of Pakistan / Ned University of Engineering and Technology (Karachi)||
Encouraging technical research and- raising the level of educational disciplines in the field of Information Technology
Strengthening university departments- using modern electronic devices and means of advanced communication and connecting them to international scientific institutions in the frame of knowledge exchange.
|Sultan Qaboos Chair for quantitative water management||2005||the Netherlands / University of Utrecht (Roosevelt Academy)||
- The Dutch government decided to create a chair in recognition of the efforts of His Majesty and his contributions to the consolidation of peace and international cooperation and good relations between the two countries.
|Sultan Qaboos Chair for Arabic Studies||2007||China University / Beijing University||
-Teaching Chinese students Arabic Language and Literature
- Helping to create a library in the Arabic Department at the University of Beijing to raise awareness about the Arabic language and literature in China
- Encouraging research in the Arabic language, literature and culture, especially those related to Oman.
- Encouraging cultural exchange between universities in the Sultanate and China in the fields of Arabic language studies.
|Sultan of Oman chair for Oriental Studies||2008||Netherlands / Leiden University||
-teaching and conducting research on Oriental Studies in the fields of history, culture, civilization and contemporary lifestyle.
- Encouraging higher education and granting scholarships in the field of Oriental Studies and continuing the academic cooperation between the Sultanate and the University of Leiden.
|Sultan Qaboos chair for Middle Eastern Studies||2010||Tokyo University / Japan||
- Introducing the civilization, history and culture of the Sultanate of Oman.
- Focusing on Middle Eastern studies as part of the Sultanate’s mission to promote the global understanding of the ancient Arab and Islamic contributions.
- Strengthening cultural relations between the Sultanate and Japan and creating academic communication between Tokyo University and higher education institutions in the Sultanate.
|Sultan Qaboos chair for Abrahamic Religions and Common Values||2011||University of Cambridge / United Kingdom||
- to actively participate in the development of culture and mutual cooperation in the field of technology and religious studies.
- Consolidating friendship and mutual cooperation between the Sultanate and the United Kingdom and the University of Cambridge and developing concepts between religions
- Preserving the historical heritage of Oman and engaging dynamically in the international community.
|Sultan Qaboos Chair for Middle Eastern Studies||2011||College of William and Mary / United States (Virginia)||
- Focusing on the Middle Eastern issues and understanding current events.
- Enabling the world to understand and appreciate the contributions of the Arab and Islamic civilization in culture and civilization and knowledge in many areas.